Thursday, January 7, 2021

Editing for my film

     Ever since I finished filming for my short film I have been editing every single day on IMovie to make my movie reach perfection. I have come so far from the last time I have edited as now I feel that the movie is coming much more together. My sister actually really enjoyed the film and liked the way I edited it as it is now less choppy and has a smooth transition between each cut. I finally was able to include free copyright free music and sounds into my film from a free website that I have found. I still have little touch ups to do to make sure my film is perfect. Over the weekend I am going to finish up editing my film and get it peer reviewed from my friend Allison and ask opinions from my parents as well. I am also going to work on my post card over the weekend and focus on uploading lots of pictures on my social media page. I never got the chance to upload them and I will hopefully upload tomorrow or Sunday. I will probably spend most of my time on Saturday editing and working on my post card. I will also have another blog uploaded tomorrow with a social media update hopefully.

    I can't wait to present to you my film package as I am super proud of it right now. I also have my website presented for you to see and read about my film and getting to know the cast. I am also kinda sad that we are near the end of the filming project but I am excited to move forward and work on the essays which is the second portion of this class. Although my film is not the same quality as that of a typical Hollywood film, I am still proud of the work I have done and super grateful that I got the chance to learn and experience something new. I am also grateful to my sister and friends that helped me out and were a part of the film, I had so much fun and enjoyed filming. I still have to edit a couple of more scenes on IMovie and then I also have to cut some out as it is kinda too long right now. I know that the film has to be five minutes long but so far my film is 7 minutes long and I have to either cut some scenes out or shorten them out. Originally I knew that was going to happen as in my screenplay I believe I had about 13 pages of dialogue and explanation of what is going on in each scene. I wanted my film to be detailed as possible but I tried to keep it simple with one goal throughout the film which I believe you will be able to catch up on. I know for sure that I will get everything done by the deadline of January 12 of next Tuesday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment